Friday, December 12, 2008

Foodie Friday: Pizza Calzones


You all know I love me a good pizza. (Okay, I don't think that I have ever met a bad one.) Here is a slight variation.




Once the dough has rested for ten minutes, roll it out into two circles. Fill one side of each circle with the pizza toppings of your choice. (We used pizza sauce, black olives, pepperoni, and chunks of string cheese as I was out of mozzarella.) Make sure to leave enough room to close it up.


Close the dough, pinching each side. (You may want to prick the top with a fork a few times for ventilation.) I spread a little olive oil on top and then sprinkled it with pizza seasonings. You definitely do not have to do this step. The choice is yours. (We have also made other types of calzones, but I will leave that for another post.)


Bake at 425 for 10-15 minutes. This time we served it with a big old spoonful of sauce on the top.

1 comment:

Dusty @AllThingsG+D said...

YUMMY! This sounds delicious. I love calzones, but have never made my own before. I may have to try this!