Friday, December 26, 2008

Foodie Friday: Chili for a Crowd


Last week Friday was our annual preschool party/Christmas service/Christmas lunch. This year I made a large batch of chili for everyone in a roaster oven. I found my recipe online (only to later discover that the oven's instruction manual had one right in front of my face.) Not a drop was left, so I am considering it a success.
Chili for 50! (Recipezaar)
-5 1/2 pd. ground beef
-2 pd. ground sausage
-9 oz. chopped green chilies
-112 oz. crushed tomatoes
-112 oz. tomato sauce
-1 oz. cumin
-2 1/2 oz. chili powder
-5 lg. onions diced
-42 oz. kidney beans
-2 T garlic salt
-1 t paprika
I added all of my ingredients into the roaster oven and let it bake for a few hours at 225 degrees. (Stir it occasionally.) About an hour before lunch I turned the roaster up to 350. I had diced onions, shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, and oyster crackers available for toppings.

2 comments:

Smith Family said...

Sounds awesome! You are a nerd for having posts ready while you're out of town.

See you soon!!

Emily said...

Chili for 50? This is amazing. I'm off to find 49 friends I can have over for dinner.