Friday, August 29, 2008

Foodie Friday: Tortilla Roll-Ups

It's Food Friday and we've got a classic easy entertaining recipe. We've got company rolling into town today from different directions and at different times. So, I whipped up some tortilla roll-ups that are now chilling in the fridge waiting to be cut up.
I started with a burrito sized tortilla and spread it with cream cheese. (I let the cream cheese sit out for a bit this morning to make it more spreadable. I should have let the tortillas sit out for a bit, but instead I gave them a quick zap in the micro.) I topped the cream cheese with chopped black olives, green olives, roasted red peppers, and pickled banana peppers in various combinations. I rolled the tortillas up into a log and wrapped them in cling wrap.
Once we are ready to serve, I will cut the logs into pieces and serve with salsa. (Maybe once I get to that point I will post a picture.) For now it is off to the liquor store for some beer and wine.
Have a great weekend!



Here are some photos. We ended up having them last night with supper. They were a little soggy by then, but still delicious.

No comments: